Smart Notebook Software
For parents looking to download the Smart Notebook software, I have included a link. I think you will find the students will really enjoy doing this type of homework. I am hoping the students can present their passion topics in late November or early December. Their presentation should be an informative 5-6 minute talk where they teach something to the class. They have been instructed on how to use the program so they can work at home. Let me know if you have had any problems downloading the program. Download program , 10.8, it is easy to use.
How to Download SMART Notebook for your home computers
This is the software that runs our SMART Boards at school. It is this software that your child will use to create presentations in class on various topics.
1. When on the internet go to the website at Smart Technologies
- Click on the header “Support” and then click on Software Downloads.
- You will see a heading of SMART Notebook collaborative learning software
You will see the light blue Notebook software icon mid-page on the left side. Click on the arrow beside “Choose a Version” : select the operating system you have at home. I would recommend version 10.8
*The following directions are for PC users at home. Mac directions will be almost exactly the same.
3. Click on the large green ‘Download’ button.
4. Enter the necessary information into the required fields. For ‘organization’ say KentElementary School and for ‘industry’ choose ‘K-12.’ Don’t forget to click in the box beside “I have read agree to these terms and conditions” and your e-mail preferences. Click on ‘Download.’
5. If prompted to ‘save or cancel,’ click ‘save.’
6. The download will begin. Depending on the size and age of your computer, the full download could be 45 min-1.5 hours. The program has many images and flash files which take time to download.
7. Sometime after starting the download, a window will pop up asking if you want all components of the ‘gallery’ and/or ‘the lesson activity toolkit.’ Leave all of these checked as you do want them all.
8. You may also be asked two other questions during the download:
a) Do you want a trial of the SMART Math tools: your choice
b) Do you want SMART Tools on Start-Up? Say ‘YES’!
9. When the download is complete, you will be prompted to ‘Activate the Product.’ At some time within the 30 days, you must click on ‘activate the product.’ When you do so, enter the following code:
Activation is something you do to keep the software beyond the trial period of 30 days. If you don’t activate the product, after 30 days, it will be wiped from your computer.